Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

October 2

 Barb agreed to MC another session!  thank you Barb. 

Sight will Sharpen by S. Thomas Summers; Halley's Comet  by Stanley Kunitz; Day Star  by Rita Dove; Earth Tremors Felt in Missouri  by Mona Van Duyn; Crossing Over  by William Meredith; Echo by James Richardson;  Warning To Children by Robert Graves .


In my note to send out poems, I share this:  I am writing you this just before sunrise in a small town, as yet unspoiled by modern tourism, in the heart of the Engadine mountains in Switzerland, where you will not find anyone who speaks English, or even Italian for that matter, only German, as just over the border will be Austria.  I thought you all might appreciate this quotation from Ralph Waldo Emerson on friendship (thanks to Maria Popova's blog):The field where friends have met is consecrated forever. Man seeks friendship out of the desire to realize a home here… The friend is like wax in the rays that fall from our own hearts. My friend does not take my word for anything, but he takes me. He trusts me as I trust myself. We only need to be as true to others as we are to ourselves that there may be ground enough for friendship.

  

No comments: